We aim to provide a competent and reliable service for all of customers. To find out more, please feel free to contact us at any time. Our team will always welcome you with friendly, attentive service.
Feedback from our courses is consitently positive. Here are just a few representative comments from feedback forms:
- “Excellent training. Delivered in a friendly, confident manner.”
- “Really interesting! Fab trainer. His knowledge was amazing. Very enjoyable!”
- “I really enjoyed the course and feel I gained invaluable skills and knowledge.”
- “The best training I’ve attended. Excellent.”
- “A BIG thank you for the fabulous training! All staff found it extremely informative and full of good knowledge which we will ensure is put into practice.”
- "I have found the trainer development program offered by Sherwood the best course I have attended in years. The team at Sherwood go the extra mile to provide in depth evidence based training, that has a had a positive impact on the service I work for. Not only is the course and assessment excellent the ongoing support and mentoring offered has proved invaluable."
We have developed extremely positive and constructive relationships with all of our customers and are confident we will continue to do so as business develops in the coming years.
Associate Principal Trainers:
Associate Specialist Trainer:
Karl Teer, RNLD, Dip N, BA (Hons) Social Care
Karl is an experience Community Nurse with a special interest in Personality Disorder. He presents our 1-day course: An Introduction to Anti-social and Borderline Personality Disorder
Contact our Office Manager and Administrator:
Phone: 08450 944 635
Training Course Cancellation Policy:
If the customer cancels a booking the following charges will be applicable:
Did you know…
All of our courses and materials are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure that we offer amongst the very best training courses on the market. To this end, we employ the services of an external consultant Justine Barksby (Lecturer in Learning Disabilities Nursing) to conduct periodic reviews of our training materials and presentation skills. Our first evaluation report noted that:
“The training is innovative and creative utilising a range of approaches never seen before. This means that not only is the training fit for purpose but is also delivered in an effective way that will hold the participants attention and will enable them to remember the content long after the training is complete. One example of this is the use acronyms such as STEPS and REFLECT. The training content is contemporaneous, valid and evidence based, in summary, excellent…I would highly recommend to any commissioners for training.”
- Justine Barksby, RNLD, BSc(hons), MSc, PGCHE, PGcert (Management), Lecturer, School of Health Sciences, The University of Nottingham (MARCH 2012)
We currently provide training and consultancy services to a variety of specialist service providers including:
Fees & Expenses
Standard daily rates:
Why are they different? – The additional cost for BILD accredited courses reflects the cost of maintaining accredited status + additional administration requirements.
Our physical interventions courses are accredited by the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD):
PITAS/10053 - January 2020
Enter your email address below to get regular updates from us:
All of our trainers have adult education teaching qualifications
All our courses have been cross-referrenced to the PBS Competency Framework (2015) and QCF
A new fully customisable system for tracking, monitoring and planning your staff training - ideal for care services and small to medium-sized businesses. Read more...